4/15/2009

Job Fair

Job Fair today. I had 8 interviews in 4 hours. I dont interview well, I get too nervous and excited, and I just kind of keep talking. I think my resume is pretty impressive, lots of experience mixed with some solid education. I got a few nibbles, a few people that might be interested. I looked at little, last ditch, no-where-villes. I dont know. I just keep thinking over the stupid things I said. Lots of the schools said I had done a good job and had done well with the interview. Like I said, I think three or four maybe interested. One school I am definitely out of. We ended the interview early and she was not pleased. Basically, she asked if I was willing to teach to the CSAP, the standardized test. While I do believe accountability for teachers is important, I dont believe that's where our focus in education should be. Lots of people were actually interested in my ability to coach. Several schools wrote that down. I also interviewed with a junior high only situation. Again, probably not the best candidate for the position, but I think I could do it, I enjoy the age group, I just dont enjoy the information we have to work with. Very simplistic and basic ideas. This was also a school for kids that needed help in their reading. I just dont have that kind of training. Still, some schools may give me a call back. I dont know.

I'm just questioning everything right now. Of course I had to deal with the people I didnt want to deal with. I just sw her from a far, but "these feelings dont go away, they're turning my sideways." Doesn't make things a whole lot easier. I also got to see some old friends, so it wasnt all bad. I'll tell you what though, I was on today. Telling jokes and talking to people. I was on top of my game today. Maybe there is that teacher side in me.

I'm still hoping for a teaching position. If one of those schools would call me up, I'd gladly take the position and be hapy for it. I'd struggle through my first years, get my feet under me, and become a great teacher. I'm just questioning things right now, and of course, one of those questions is my future. Am I ready to look beyond education and simply stick with the English side of things? Am I ready to go crazy and just sign with the Peace Corps? I just dont know. If I had a map of where I'm supposed to go, things would be way easier. Right now I'm just going with the flow. When something happens, hopefully I'll be able to tell.

Later all.

No comments: