8/20/2009

Today was tough. The lesson didn't go quite like I would have liked. The students just didn't seem to get into it like I would have liked them to. I'm cutting tomorrow's planning and gettting to it. I'm sick of doing nothing and am ready to have them get to work. Access time is a complete and total joke, but to be completely honest. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing with them. I have 7th through 12th grade in this class. If I try to teach any of them I'm going to lose half the audience. I have to do something. Today was like a prison riot, it won't be like that again.

The students all said they liked today's lesson. This is me thinking it's negative. I'm not completely sure how it went. I'm iffy about it and would probably like to do the whole thing over again. I know I'm not wasting another day. Yesterday I thought went well. Today, I think I wasted my students' time, and I am trying very hard not to do that. It's all good, I just have to change the way Access is going, and I need to get these kids working on English. Let them see my subject and fall in love with it. They've already fallen in love with me.

My 7th graders are going to put me in the grave. I need structure, organization, routine, and I need to focus them, FAST. Or I'm going to snap at them and lose it.

Wish me luck.
Later.

No comments: