1/13/2010

I'm feeling a little weird after just losing a one-on-one basketball game to one of my students. I don't know, like I'm less of who I once was. This my seem stupid, but I don't know. I figured I'd just put this out there. I guess you'd have to ignore the fact that I was fouled a couple of times. I got every rebound. i took one of our star, senior, athletes into extra points. I haven't really played in over a week, and over a month before that. I'm out of shape, had been working and teaching all day. And I gave him the ball to start with, and gave him the ball when I stopped to say the score.

It seems stupid, but I feel like I lost and I shouldn't have. Silly, I know. I guess it's a moment where I'm starting to realize just what I am. I'm not a basketball player, I'm a teacher. I'm not a stud athlete, I'm a teacher. It seems stupid.

Anyway, I still think I could beat him.

Later all.

No comments: