1/05/2011

Semester one is over. Alright, not great. THe big part of semester two is the play. This was day two. Day one I felt I lectured the entire time and told them how hard it was going to be. Today I showed them a clip from a movie I would like to emulate, gave a quick description of the characters, and a run down of what needs to happen as far as crew goes. It feels like we are not going anywhere. It seems like the more I did, the more I need to do now and I feel like I am sitting on my ands waiting for something to happen. I feel like I need to constantly be awaiting for approval of stuff that should already have happened. I feel like we are getting no where. I dont feel like I could have given them less time to get ready for a rehearsal. I think next year we do rehearsals while they are still in speech, and other people coming in will have to schedule a rehearsal. Then we hit the ground running from day one. I say we start moveing stuff off the stage from day one too. If they don't like where I'm putting stuff then they can put it where they want it later, but this act is old. I think I need to not care what the admin. is saying and simply create a paper trail of me asking for what needs to happen and then me making happen what needs to happen. Like clearing the stage. And honestly, the same goes for the kids. The only way this is going to be fun and enjoyable is if we just plug away. Waiting on our hands is no good. I need to focus on the students like Jordyne who wants to be there and simply make sure I don't waste her time. Griffin and Cole can be bored, because they are immature morons that refuse to grow up. All of the Sophomores are getting old, and I need to simply ignore them until they are ready to work with me. Don't worry about it so much and just enjoy the ride. Get things going on Friday. Slow with simply you and Matt, but then Monday we fly through clearing the stage and we start making what needs to be made. We get there. I feel we are already on a better track and I feel more confident in what we will be capable of doing. Relax a little, and start plugging away tomorrow with auditions. These two days were tough, take them away next semester. YOU ARE DOING GREAT.

Later.

No comments: