5/02/2009

It's over.

16 weeks of unpaid labor, 8 observations, 6 seminars, 3 senior classes, 2 junior classes, 210 essays, countless hours of lost sleep and worry. I'm officially done with student teaching. My last day was the first. I got through my final meeting, got a "B" in the "class" and am observing teachers. I dont like the "B," I dont entierly get it. I worked hard, never missed a day, busted my hump, improved, figured out my strengths and weaknesses, I dont see how it could have been a better semester. Whatever, it's just a pain in the ass. The grade doesn't matter, it's all about how much you learn, and I learned more about myself in the past 16 weeks then I ever cared to know. I can do better. I will do so much different my first time in a classroom. If everything isn't immedietly scraped, then it'll go through a complete makeover. I'm thinking about my teams and my coaching, I got along great with those kids. I established myself as a leader and a friend and we had a great time playing. I need to bring more of that into my classroom. I have some ideas . . .

I dont, however, have a job. That sucks, but I'll do what I have to I guess.

In other, fantastic, news my dad got Nuggets' Playoff Tickets. Game 5 baby. It is so freaking awesome. We followed the team all year, he for the past twenty years, me for as long as I can remember. The last game I really remember going to the Nuggets played the Lakers and lost to Shaq. So it's been forever since we got to go to a game. This is going to be awesome. Colorado just seems full of fair weather fans, better than the asshole fans of Boston and New York, but it'd be nice if this state had any loyalty to any team other than the Broncos.

I'm, of course, a Steeler fan. The Broncos anger me at every corner. Drafting No-Show, whatever. We fire one offensive guy to hire another offensive guy. Whatever. I hated Shanahan from day one, the only thing he could kind of do competently was the offense. He knew how to build an O-line. We can put any idiot back there and they'd run for a thousand yards. This guy better run for two. We needed Defence, specifically Primary, a big ol' middle linebacker. Nope, a safety. Fighting the side effects of piss poor QB pressure instead of actually pressuring the QB.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to stay in school. Observe as many different teachers as I can. Hopefully, that'll show the powers that be that I'm dedicated and care and they will give me a shot if the opportunity arises.

Still hoping (and looking obviously) for a job.
Need to complain to CSU.
Need to enjoy my last weeks as a student.

Later all.

No comments: