11/18/2008

I am tired tonight. I'm not sure why, but today beat me with a stick. One day closer to break, that's all that matters. Not much going on, no desire to do anything.

Something interesting happened today though. My match-up teacher kicked a boy out of her room today. He wouldnt return to his seat, she gave him a token argument, then she kicked him out. Well, after he used a string of four letter words, including but not limited to "this class is fucking-bullshit." It bothers me that she picks that fight, she wants him out of her class. She has made that quite clear, and she's had repeated problems with him. I just dont get it. What was encouraging was how almost helpful the rest of the students were. I had one tense moment, when he walked by the teacher to get to the door. I sat just to her left and behind her, observing the class, and I had a flash in my mind of him taking a swing. That may sound stupid, but I was ready to move. He walked behind her, and she never even turned around, he just left. Nothing Happened. Let me make that clear, he didnt do anything, but that's where my mind went. I've been in a couple of tougher schools than this place, that's all. But the rest of the class was totally on the teacher's side. They completly agreed with her, and supported her. It was a tense couple of moments, and the rest of the class was totally supportative. It just surprised me. Kids amaze me everyday. From that first moment I started working with them (basketball coach) and they started shooting lay-ups just because I told them to. To the kid that finally picked-up a dictionary, the kids that are already working to go to college, the students that sat there and did their work just because I asked them to. They amaze me, day in and day out. That was cool.

Later all.

No comments: