11/15/2008

Saturday

Walked up to Blockbuster today. Rented some crap, I'm not even sure I can remember what, just something to keep my attention for the night. Been asked to go to a party,, but havent heard back form them yet, so we'll see how that goes. While I was out I went to this new place up here, Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I was pleasantly surprised. The price was a little much for me to make it a routine or anything. But I had to eat my way through a mound of fries just to get to the burger in the bag. Then the burger was freaking amazing. Dripping with grease, cheese, and burger juice. Not very healthy, but who wants to live to be 90 anyway. Not bad, add it to the list of stuff I have to show my parents when they come up.

Read some interesting stuff on Bud Hunt's blog, Bud The Teacher. Interesting parallels between the need to satisfy the self and the community. I left a comment about how I think it could be the growing interconnectivity of the world. I dont know, just some interesting stuff to ponder. I try to keep up with a couple of teacher blogs. They provide interesting things to think about and sometimes ways to incorporate it into a classroom. I just like to rant about pointless bullshit on my blog, but to each his own. Bud Hunt is a CSU grad, that's about all I know about him, and my advisor told me that. I found his blog through another guy's blog.

Then I spent the day on YouTube. I know that sounds bad, nerdy and anti-social, but it was already like 3 after a trip to the store. There is a lot of really weird stuff out there, man. Some of it is just freaking hilarious, some of it is just plain time wasting. But it's still cool. Like an archive of the human past present and future. Like, I was watching Steve Martin do some stand-up. I never had the chance to see him. He's freaking hilarious. This is like the chronological of the times. The ultimate history lesson of pop-culture. The loss of the real and totally Post-Modern, that I can type in the name Jackie Gleason and see a man that's been dead for awhile comes alive on the screen. "Bang, Zoom, straight" back to unreality.

Oh, I have a couple of movies on YouTube. There's this thing that you can see where people are from that are watching your movies. Apparently I'm like a god to the Australians and Jordans. All of .02 views from those countries. Switzerland only gave me a .01, so they can all just go to hell, the neutral bastards. No, No, I kid. I have some old-old family lines back in Switzerland somewhere. I'm afraid they may have been lost with my Grandma. It was just so cool to see that these other countries could watch my incredibly unpopular videos. I dont know. It's like what the guy felt when Edison first turned on the light bulb. Just a sense of unreality and change. You can almost feel the change in the world around you as you watch the most momentous thing in our history. I got the same feeling from 9/11. Only time can tell where this is all going, hopefully down a happier path. I wouldn't want Andy Kaufman on The Dating Game to be the only reminants of us that our future has.

My videos suck. They are for very specific reasons. I put them up as part of a school thing. Here's the latest one . . . If I can get this thing to work.

Later all, enjoy the weather wherever you are.

No comments: