11/26/2008

Student Teaching

Ok, it's been awhile, sorry but not much going on. Got a ton of crap to do, the more I do the more I realize how stupid it all is. It's almost done. I think this 15 page paper may be the death of me, but I'll fight through it or something.

I met my match-up for student teaching yesterday. I dont know. There's just so much. So much to do, so much to remember, so much everything. I'm totally excited and thrilled to finally get into a classroom. This other crap is bull. I just got to get through it. I dont know. This guy seems pretty cool. Smart, and defenitly trying to get onto that cutting edge of teaching dynamically. I'm not sure he's close to Mr. Martin, but he seems totally open and cool to letting me try some new stuff. I'm thinking I'm going to get some great experience, and if this guy says I'm good, he's got a ton of pull in the faculty. This guy is like a 20 year veteren, best in the district, at least that's what the vice principal said. So this could get a me a good chance at a job.

I did have a couple of problems. He's in charge of 5 classes. 2 AP language and Comp, and 3 Contemporary Literature. He cant really give me the AP classes. Not directly. It's not fair to the kids that have to take this class, and it's not fair to me, and he's taken classes to learn how to teach this class, a lot of little things, thant basically mean we're "team teaching" the class. That's cool, I can handle that no problem. The problem becomes that I get to take over for only one class. The contemporary literature class. I only have to prepare for one class. Preperation is one thing that a ton of people have gotten in trouble with, and it doesnt seem like I'm going to get that experience. That's a double edged sword. Easier now for the guy that's just starting off, but will it prepare me for when I have a bunch of different classes and no safety-net. I dont know, good and bad. He also basically said that the classes are mine. He never really told me all my book options, he gave me a few and was trying to give me ideas for ways to set up the lesson. His ideas are great, but I want to look at all of my options. I think this could be really cool, and I'm totally excited to try it out.

This is going to sound stupid, but I dont know what to ask. Questions take me time. The assistant principal pulls me in his office and asks what questions I have. I just asked, what do I need to know? I dont know what to ask, and I'm not sure what answers I should be looking for. I dont know, that sounds stupid, I just need to get in there and sink my teeth in. Sink or Swim, give it to me and lets do this thing. I dont know, just want to try it out, I want to give it my best shot and see how things go. I didnt have a safety net when I first coached. I went to the coaches meeting and the clinic, then I was thrown into a gym with 11 six-year-olds and was told to have fun. I dont know, I just need to get in there and out from behind the desk.

Back to the homework.
Later All.

No comments: